How do you make user acounts and user login on a website

likwidmonster

You can't. You need to use a server-side language.

Actually, theoretically you could do it by creating a csv file on the server that holds everyone's usernames and passwords, then use an AJAX request to get the contents of the file, and read through them until you find a set that matches the current user. But it would be extremely insecure, and fairly difficult to write.

The verdict - you need a server-side language. PHP, ASP, PERL whatever you want. But Javascript is not server-side.

No, for two reasons. The first is that flash also requires javascript to be enabled in order for it to work. The second is that you can only create the user interface with flash - you will still need a serverside language to do the processing to log the person in or out.

here's a test for you!

make a new page (if you even have that much access) called php_test.html

and inside that page put the following code.

<?php
echo "PHP IS WORKING!
?>

when you save the page and load it and see:

<?php
echo "PHP IS WORKING!
?>

then it isn't working

if you save and load the page and see:

PHP IS WORKING

then your server has PHP on it

-Zack

I guess I need to re-state what I stated on the previous page (with one addition):

The fact that you are on a sub-domain does not preclude you from using PHP or any other server-side language assuming it is supported on the server.

You are getting way too caught up on this "sub-domain" thing. If the server supoprts PHP, then it supports PHP. I create sub-domins all the time and, guess what?, those sub-domains support PHP without me having to do anything else. I'm sure there may be a way to disable PHP for a sub-diomain, but it would be the exception and not the norm. Did you even try any of the suggestions above to see if PHP is enabled?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.