recovery of lost password

destined

This was working and all i did was take Zip & Address out of the table
i think that is when this stoped working (not sure)
I dont know much PHP I let Deramweaver do that for me.. lol
it keeps saying the (echo)error that the email ady is not in DB
but it is !
Please help

[!--coloro:#000099--][span style=\"color:#000099\"][!--/coloro--]its the same if i use this[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]
<?php
$db_name = "destined_users"; //this is your database name
$db_user = "destined_XXX"; //this is your database username for the database specified above
$db_pass = "XXXX"; //this is your database password for the user specified above
$db_host = "localhost"; //this is your host for the database, best to leave it as localhost

mysql_connect("$db_host", "$db_user", "$db_pass")or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("$db_name") or die(mysql_error());
?>
[!--coloro:#333399--][span style=\"color:#333399\"][!--/coloro--]Or If I Use This[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]
<?php require_once('Connections/user_login.php'); ?>
<?php
mysql_select_db($database_user_login, $user_login);
$query_rsRecover = "SELECT * FROM tbl_users";
$rsRecover = mysql_query($query_rsRecover, $user_login) or die(mysql_error());
$row_rsRecover = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsRecover);
$totalRows_rsRecover = mysql_num_rows($rsRecover);
?>
[!--coloro:#333399--][span style=\"color:#333399\"][!--/coloro--]here is the Code[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]

<?php require_once('Connections/user_login.php'); ?>
<?php
mysql_select_db($database_user_login, $user_login);
$query_rsRecover = "SELECT * FROM tbl_users";
$rsRecover = mysql_query($query_rsRecover, $user_login) or die(mysql_error());
$row_rsRecover = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsRecover);
$totalRows_rsRecover = mysql_num_rows($rsRecover);
?>
<?
$editFormAction = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
if (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])) {
$editFormAction .= "?" . htmlentities($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);
}
?>

<?

if (isset($_POST['submit'])){ $query="SELECT emailaddress,username,pwd FROM tbl_users WHERE [!--coloro:#FF0000--][span style=\"color:#FF0000\"][!--/coloro--]emailaddress[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--] = '$emailaddress'";
$st=mysql_query($query);
$recs=mysql_num_rows($st);
$row=mysql_fetch_object($st);
$em=$row->emailaddress;// email is stored to a variable
if ($recs == 0) { echo "<center><font face='Verdana' size='2' ><b>No Password</b><br> Sorry Your email address is not there in our database. You can register and login to use our members pages. <BR><BR><a href='registration.php'> Register </a> </center>"; exit;}

$headers4="password@destinedtowin.org"; ///// Change this address within quotes to your address ///

$headers .= "From: $headers4\n";
$headers .= "Errors-to: $headers4\n";
//$headers = "Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\n".$headers;// for html mail un-comment this line

if(mail("$em","password/user name recovery","This is in response to your request for your login information for \n Destined To Win Ministries at www.destinedtowin.org \n\n username: $row->username \n password: $row->pwd \n\n Thank You \n \n \n Please do not reply to this email","$headers")){echo "<center><font face='Verdana' size='2' ><b>THANK YOU</b> <br>Your password and user name have been sent to your emil address. <br>
Please check your mail <BR><BR><a href='login.php'> Login </a><br>
<br>
</center>";}
else{ echo " <center><font face='Verdana' size='2' >There is some system problem in sending login details to your address. Please contact site-admin. <br><br><input type='button' value='Retry' onClick='history.go(-1)'></center></font>";}

}

?>

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I let Deramweaver do that for me..[/quote]
There is your problem and Im afraid this forum is for people who want help with php. Not help getting a program to wirte it for them. php is a complex programming language, ddo you really expect a program to be able to create applications by itself?

Dreamweaver is the apotome of false hope for newbies.

well my first suggestion is that you are using $emailaddress instead of $_POST['emailaddress'] in your query. please note that these are NOT the same variables. replace $emailaddress with $_POST['emailaddress'] or else put this line:

$emailaddress = $_POST['emailaddress'];

right before the query. if this doesn't help then post the code that sets $emailaddress to the email address in question, as i don't seem to see where $emailaddress is being initialized in the code above...

[!--quoteo(post=374151:date=May 15 2006, 06:26 PM:name=thorpe)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thorpe @ May 15 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]374151[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
There is your problem and Im afraid this forum is for people who want help with php. Not help getting a program to wirte it for them. php is a complex programming language, ddo you really expect a program to be able to create applications by itself?

Dreamweaver is the apotome of false hope for newbies.
[/quote]
funny.... but if you aren't going to help then why post at all? and besides, it is not that hard at all to make a script that builds/automates another script. That's what we call functions and objects. Now whether dreamweaver is buggy or not is another subject altogether...

ok so i might not know PHP
but the way to learn is to come here and ask
i dont let Dreamweaver do it all

Thank you Crayon Violent for trying to help
i will try what you said and no this is not a Dreamweaver code
ill be back tomorrow Thanks agian Crayon Violent

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.