Linking Structures

I will use a local linking stucture to illustrate my questions. You can read the forum titled "File Organization and Aliasing" for a larger picture of what im trying to accomplish.

I have three folders living in /htdocs/ A(main site), B(admin), & C(shopping cart). Inside each folder are files that have at line 1, <?php include('es_starter.php') ?>. es_starter.php is in folder /htdocs/includes/, this file is manditory for the site to run. Since there are many starter.php files inside /includes/ i have added a site abbreviation to each (example.. *es_starter.php*). Each sites starter.php file is pathed by way of an updated *include_path* in php.ini.

*A* is the main folded used on all sites. Inside of *A* is index.php. It has links to /B/index.php and /C/index.php. My question is how to get /B/index.php to properly call its site name abbreviated version of starter.php.

I can not hard code in the site abbreviation because all files in /B/ and /C/ are supposed to be universal used by all domains. I have thought that i could set a $_COOKIE on /A/index.php

[code]
setcookie("site", "es", time()+60*60*24*1000, "/");
include($_COOKIE[site]."_starter.php");
[/code]

that then gets read by all the other files, but deep linking will break this. I have also thought about reading the $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] variable then setting the abbreviation by that means but im not too sure. Any suggestions?

So i think i have found a working work-around for this. but i thinkit just that a work-around. If anyone can suggest a better method please let me know.

[code]//File - /A/index.php or /B/index.php or /C/index.php

<?
include('whois.php');
include($GLOBALS['whois']."_starter.php");
?>
[/code]

[code]//File - /includes/whois.php

<?
if ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == 'www.sitename.com' || substr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],0,22) == '/clients/EmpireEngine/') {

$GLOBALS['whois'] = "es";

}
?>
[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.