Using PHP with Flash PLEASE HELP

mamaluke

Ok, this might get confusing sorry if I lose you lol.

I currently use a formmail service from the website www.response-o-matic.com

What I'm looking to do is make a register thing where you submit your email and username you would like in a flash movie and then I want it to send the results to my email just like your typical formmail form. The only problem is I've read tons and tons of tutorials which show you how to do this with a simple formmail.php which you run from your own website but it doesnt show how to do this if you have to specify the ID of your response-o-matic account like I have to

for example

my code when making a simple html formmail is

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="http://www.response-o-matic.com/mail.php">
<input type="hidden" name="acctid" value="yve05hjo1yyvudkv">
<input type="hidden" name="formid" value="68013">

(see the ACCID that is for my response o matic account to know where to send the results to )

now if i used a normal .php script I wouldnt have to put the account id and then I could follow the steps on how to put it in a flash movie.

So what I did all day was look everywheres on how to use PHP scripts and how to update one to work with my settings and find free php host. I figured everything out but problem now is im getting errors saying the refferal was incoorect or something so It couldnt send the email? so im guessing you need your own domain which i do not have...

I know this is confusing but if somone understands me please help i just need to get my response-o-matic account in flash some how...

Thanks

i'm not entirely sure what you are asking, but it seems that you are asking how to pass a variable from php to flash and visa versa... ?

to get a variable from php to flash you would first do this: $_GET['blah'] = 'blahblah'; and then in flash you would use the actionscript loadvars function. To get a variable from flash to php you would use the actionscript sendvars function and then you can retrieve it in php with $_GET['blah']

now obviously using the $_GET array to pass info back and forth is not very secure, but if you are using flash mx or older, that's the only option you have. In flash 2004 there is a rather lengthy coding method for creating an rss feed, and in flash 8 they actually made some objects for doing it, so you might want to google that.

I'd help you out more on all that, but I'm afraid I don't know too much about actionscript. I know a few basic things but I never really got into it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.