Need help with virtual hosts.

ApollyonQ

I\'ve got a win2k server machine, which is running AppServer v2.0.0 (Apache 1.3.27). This is running fine. I\'ve made a nice page full of links, and using it as the startpage in my browser.

I\'ve also got a static IP-address. When I\'m at work, and I type that IP-address (for example: 213.197.10.10) my browser, I also get that startpage.

However... I\'ve also got a domain name registered (for example www.bih.net), and used the nameservers to point it to my own IP-address. I\'ve got a nice subdir in my www-root called bih.

I\'ve tried:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>

ServerName www.bih.net

DocumentRoot f:/appserv/www/bih/

</VirtualHost>

and I\'ve tried

NameVirtualHost 213.197.10.10

<VirtualHost 213.197.10.10>

ServerName www.bih.net

DocumentRoot f:/appserv/www/bih/

</VirtualHost>

But neither seems to work when I type www.bih.net into my browser, I keep getting my linkpage... Could you please tell me what I\'m doing wrong here?

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.