"Page Cannot Be Displayed" after he logs in

mfaerber

I have been going around and around with a guy for several days now trying figure out what is causing his problem. I have a CMS and a few clients that use it, he however, is the only one experiencing this problem. It’s a problem that’s old as the hills: when he enters his login info and clicks “login”, he is greeted by this page:

[!--coloro:DimGray--][span style=\"color:DimGray\"][!--/coloro--][blockquote]The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the username@email.com:password@www.mywebsite.org home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

If you still cannot open the page, click the Internet Explorer
Search button to look for similar sites.

Internet Explorer [/blockquote] [!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]
He has winXP and IE 6.0.29 SP2. He has gone through probably every system tweak ever posted on this problem to no avail. Most peoples standard response to this problem deals with cookies and caches and everything within the security section of the advanced tab of IE’s “internet options” – and it’s all been tried.

Regardless of what his problem is though, I would like to fix the CODE ITSELF so that it doesn’t care about whatever his network or ISP’s settings are that may be causing this. The closest I’ve come to the source of the problem is in regards to how IE sometimes has a problem with the POST command. I am relatively new at PHP and MYSQL and I learn best by example if anyone has any suggestions.

[a href=\"http://publicecology.org/login_code.txt\" target=\"_blank\"]Here is a link to a text file of my login script. [/a]

Thank you very much in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.