Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kkroo

Regex question

Hello, I am a major regex noob, and i would like to know how to find an input for forms in a page ex:
<input type="x" name="x" value="x">

Thanks in advance

[!--quoteo(post=374300:date=May 16 2006, 11:18 AM:name=kkroo)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kkroo @ May 16 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]374300[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hello, I am a major regex noob, and i would like to know how to find an input for forms in a page ex:
<input type="x" name="x" value="x">

Thanks in advance
[/quote]

i'm not sure i totally understand what you're after. if you want to grab the entire tag for each input field, just do something like this:
[code]
<?php
preg_match('|\<input.+?\>|i', $text, $matches);
echo "<pre>\n";
print_r($matches);
echo "</pre>\n";
?>
[/code]

if you're looking for more specific occurrences WITHIN those tags, it would take a bit more

thanks a lot, well, how would i find a submit button? I am trying to make this as flexible as possible because i am making my own proxy and i know that all websites code HTML a bit differently.

[!--quoteo(post=374340:date=May 16 2006, 01:03 PM:name=kkroo)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kkroo @ May 16 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]374340[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
thanks a lot, well, how would i find a submit button? I am trying to make this as flexible as possible because i am making my own proxy and i know that all websites code HTML a bit differently.
[/quote]

well, a submit button has to have a type="submit", so i would just search for the input tags and then check each one to see that type="submit"

That wouldnt work for every site because one site might have more inputs than another so...

you can't make it work for EVERY site, because some of them might be using a javascript button, some of them use malformed html, etc.

ya that is true but i would like it to work on most sites

[!--quoteo(post=374375:date=May 16 2006, 02:22 PM:name=kkroo)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kkroo @ May 16 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]374375[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
ya that is true but i would like it to work on most sites
[/quote]

probably not the best solution, but this will work:
[code]
preg_match_all('|\<input(.+?)\>|i', $content, $matches, PREG_PATTERN_ORDER);
foreach ($matches[1] as $match) {
  if (preg_match('|input\="submit"|i', $match)) {
    // it's a submit button, so do what you need
  }
}
[/code]

keep in mind that this only checks for "input="submit"", if you want to check for "input=submit" and input='submit'" as well, you'll have to modify the second check slightly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.