Parsing html source inside functions

paulbrown83

I want to write a php script that takes in a list of values, and for each value, produce a URL that pulls up a specific website. The sites are just a directory that can take manual requests from the URL. For each URL, I want to parse the html source code of each, extracting certain pieces of data, and ultimately saving these data into a table. I know how to do all of the parsing, I just need to know how to loop through multiple URL's, and for each one, save the source code to an object that can be immediately parseable. Or something to that effect. Any thoughts?

Yep. The website is a directory, where you look up people's info. The url includes the username of the person, so I can make a list of URL's, one for each user I want to get data on. For each URL, I want to pull some data and put it in a file. The data will simply show up on the page for each URL, and if I can parse that source code, I can pull the specific data that I need.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.