Templating in PHP

Guest LALING

Guest LALING
I was wondering how do I go about on creating a template engine. Something like the XMB forum board templates (I really like how the templates are handled on the XMB forum board script). Something that will store the template in a database table and called out with the eval(). Please do not recommend smarty. For some reason, I'm not gonna go with smarty.

Guest LALING
[!--quoteo(post=374602:date=May 17 2006, 01:46 AM:name=SemiApocalyptic)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SemiApocalyptic @ May 17 2006, 01:46 AM) [snapback]374602[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Is XMB open source, or do you have the source? If so, why not take a look at it and see how they have done it for some ideas...
[/quote]

i HAVE looked at it. but i'm fairly new to PHP and dont really understand the class and functions. people say its easy, but still, i havent found a goo tut to explain it well and more understanding.

[!--quoteo(post=374686:date=May 17 2006, 11:18 AM:name=LALING)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LALING @ May 17 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]374686[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
i HAVE looked at it. but i'm fairly new to PHP and dont really understand the class and functions. people say its easy, but still, i havent found a goo tut to explain it well and more understanding.
[/quote]

not to be harsh, but if you're new to PHP, why aren't you willing to try smarty? it's one of the better and more flexible templating systems out there, plus, it's free so you can customize it to whatever you want. i'm sure there are other good ones, too, but i guess i'm just curious to why you're not going to try something that tested and tried.

Guest LALING
[!--quoteo(post=374688:date=May 17 2006, 08:25 AM:name=obsidian)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(obsidian @ May 17 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]374688[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
not to be harsh, but if you're new to PHP, why aren't you willing to try smarty? it's one of the better and more flexible templating systems out there, plus, it's free so you can customize it to whatever you want. i'm sure there are other good ones, too, but i guess i'm just curious to why you're not going to try something that tested and tried.
[/quote]

i did try smarty. i just didn't like it for some reason.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.