web page popup on database change

fj1200

We had an issue over Easter that has serious health and safety implications and I have found a way to detect similar circumstances by querying our main sql server database via a sql query which I've converted into a view.  As long as the MAX() value of a column is '1' all is fine, but '2' is a big no-no!  The page refreshes every 15 seconds to keep production data up to date and so refreshes this query, but what I want to do is if the result of the above query comes back a >1 then a pop-up window appears with bgcolor='red' and warning image - UNITCONFLICT.jpeg.  The warning page itself is fine, done that and called it CONFLICT.php, but how do I call it on a db result?  I've been working on this 2 days now, but it's got to be simple.  The query runs fine, the value is returned to the page fine just can't get it to work.  I was thinking this morning - could have it loaded permanently and just change the visibility value?  Also, if possible, I'd like to be able to have a window open on all the production control desks warning the operators.

OS - Windows 2000 Server / Professional.

DB - SQL Server 2000.

Php running under WAMP 1.7.0

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.