4 replies to this topic

#1 Dogboys

Dogboys
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:41 AM

<?php // config.php :: Low-level app/database variables.

$dbsettings = Array(
"server" => "localhost", // MySQL server name. (Default: localhost)
"user" => "pugs_username", // MySQL username.
"pass" => "pugs_password", // MySQL password.
"name" => "pugs_DragonKnight", // MySQL database name.
"prefix" => "dk", // Prefix for table names. (Default: dk)
"secretword" => "lol"); // Secret word used when hashing information for cookies.

?>

Ok my database is named dragonknight and my username and password just for instances is used username and password.

The pugs is my website name and it comes out like that.

And this is my error.

Access denied for user 'pugs_username'@'localhost' to database 'pugs_DragonKnight'

What do you guys think the problem is?

#2 Ferenc

Ferenc
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:47 AM

Either user name and/or password is incorect/
Everything you want to know is here.

#3 Dogboys

Dogboys
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:49 AM

[!--quoteo(post=374553:date=May 16 2006, 11:47 PM:name=Ferenc)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ferenc @ May 16 2006, 11:47 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Either user name and/or password is incorect/
[/quote]

Um should i not have the pugs_ part?

Becuase my login is called pug and whenver i make an account name it says pugs_*than username*

So what do you think about the pugs part?

and also i think this is the error for the wrong password.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'pugs_udername'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home3/pugs/public_html/lib.php on line 55
Access denied for user 'pugs_dogboys'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:02 AM

either your username and/or your password is incorrect. using password:YES simply means that you were indeed trying to connect using a password, as opposed to not using a password at all. your password could be fine but your username typoed.

if www.pugs.com is your website then yes, pugs_username will be your username. so if your username was dogboys then it would be pugs_dogboys

your password is NOT pugs_password. that is, if your password was n0d0z3 it would NOT be pugs_n0d0z3

that is, unless you specifically entered that in as your password. then it would be. But pugs_ is not automatically added onto your password.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#5 Dogboys

Dogboys
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

[!--quoteo(post=374556:date=May 17 2006, 12:02 AM:name=Crayon Violent)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Crayon Violent @ May 17 2006, 12:02 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
either your username and/or your password is incorrect. using password:YES simply means that you were indeed trying to connect using a password, as opposed to not using a password at all. your password could be fine but your username typoed.

if www.pugs.com is your website then yes, pugs_username will be your username. so if your username was dogboys then it would be pugs_dogboys

your password is NOT pugs_password. that is, if your password was n0d0z3 it would NOT be pugs_n0d0z3

that is, unless you specifically entered that in as your password. then it would be. But pugs_ is not automatically added onto your password.
[/quote]

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users