Problem with adding tags into INPUT TEXTAREA

POGRAN

I'm writing some forum that is going to use almost the same advantages while writing/editing a new topic (Bold text tag adding function, image adding function etc) as this forum does.

Only one problem to which I didn't succeed to find decision is how to input the tags exactly in that line where cursor is flashing and not in the end of text..

I hope somebody knows decision!
Thanks in advance and bye for now..

Hi,,

just posted that one:
[a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93345\" target=\"_blank\"]cursor position in a textarea[/a],, :)
The script works with both IE & FF,,
just,... with IE, the script needs to add a "no-sense key" to find the correct cursor position,... & then, once the bbcode is added, it removes the "no-sense key",... (tested with IE, "ctrl+Z" displays the 'no-sense key',,, erff,....)
with firefox, it was easier (as often,,, :p ), using the 'setSelectionRange' method,

Hoping it helps,,

l8tr,,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.