extending a time out of a session

otuatail

[!--quoteo(post=374817:date=May 18 2006, 12:42 AM:name=ryanlwh)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ryanlwh @ May 18 2006, 12:42 AM) [snapback]374817[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
change the php ini value session.cookie_lifetime
[/quote]

This does not help

change the php ini value session.cookie_lifetime

I have no access to the server I am a user of a web host.

ALL i have is session destroy, Unload etc.

PHP Manual gives example session_cache_expire For PHP 4.2.0 and above
I get an error on this undefind function. My Web remote server is 4.3.2

session_cache_expire can be used to set a time or return a time. Documentation states default 180 and this is in minutes

session_set_cookie_params(180); does not give an error. If this is working is the time 180 minute and can I get the current value as session_cache_expire claims.

session.cookie_lifetime(180); Fatal error: Call to undefined function: cookie_lifetime() in e:\domains\d\des-otoole.co.uk\user\htdocs\index.php on line 4
session_start();

session_set_cookie_params(180); times out after 20 minutes
session_start();

session_cache_expire(180); times out after 20 minutes
session_start();

session_start();
session_cache_expire(180); times out after 20 minutes but Session remains on new browser

session_start();
session_set_cookie_params(180); times out after 20 minutes but Session remains on new browser

None of the above functions in any configuration works. The figure of 180 comes from this website session_cache_expire
and is suposed to be the default in minutes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.