PHP to HTML

Darkness Soul

Yo,

Guys, I need a little help here.. I'm lost in this problem.. The problem is:

[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/excl.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":excl:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"excl.gif\" /] I have a mail.php page, and it generate in the browser a page with the lastest news. But I want to send this one by mail, so I need to save this code as html so send it as newsletter.

[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/laugh.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":laugh:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"laugh.gif\" /] Thanks anyway,

D.Soul

You would generate the HTML the same as you would generate the page on your website, except that you put all the HTML code into a variable which gets passed on to the mail() call as the body.

Hmm,

There's no other way? I need to save the mail.html because the sistem can create many files, so the user select the file to send.

If exist no other way, I'm thinking in create a html-generator, like htmlarea but more like then that blogs and flogs tools.. to designe how-to-show..

D.Soul

I think i get your point, study and work on this:
[code]
<?php

// prepare to save a html version of news.php
// make sure you have a blank html page to duplicate from
$source_html_doc = "../newsletter/archive/blank.html";
$today = date(dmY);
$new_blank_html_doc = "../newsletter/archive/news_".$today."html";
copy($source_html_doc, $new_blank_html_doc)or die('Could not copy required file');

// start getting the generated contents of news.php
ob_start();
require("news.php");
$body_news = ob_get_contents();

// write a html version of it as archive
$html_change = fopen ($new_blank_html_doc, 'w');
fwrite ($html_change, $body_news);
fclose ($html_change);

// END ob_start
ob_end_clean();

// For use in HTML email body
$email_html_body = $body_news;

?>
[/code]

Yo,

Thats the point! I'm working on the script to see the result it does.. but, why I need a blank html page? May I create one? like using[b] fopen ( html , w ) [/b]directly?

^-^! *scripting to see the result*

[b]Yeah, safe and done! Its work perfectly.. I've change something and personalized it.. making a function.. =) thank you a lot!![/b]

D.Soul

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.