• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IHaveAQuestion

IHaveAQuestion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

If there is a limit to the number of characters in a PM, I wish that would be apparent to the user.
My message was truncated and I am unable to repost for 24 hours.

#2 .josh

.josh

.josh

• Administrators
  • 14,807 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I've written quite a lot of TL;DR's in my time and have managed to reach the limit once or twice in a blue moon, for my extra special book-length soap box rants..so I have to wonder what could have possibly motivated you to write a novel to someone, being new on a forum... Anyways.. I never endeavored to find out what the exact limit was... I don't know what IPB's character limit is for PMs/Posts.. I don't see anything in the Admin CP that shows or sets this, so it looks like it's a limit imposed internally within the IPB code.  I'm not particularly inclined to go rummaging through IPB's code, so I suggest you ask on the IPB forums (we just use their software.. we aren't affiliated with them or anything). 

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Donate to me! || Donate to phpfreaks!
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com