Using an if statement to unset array keys?

ash992
Go to solution Solved by Ch0cu3r,

Hey guys so I've been trying to figure something out for a day now but I really don't know where to start, basically I'm trying to create some kind of function that goes through my array and checks if the keys value is less than 5, if it is then I want to unset the key removing it from the array,

I programmed this underneath as this is basically what I want to achieve however there's a syntax issue as the array_key_excists function doesn't seem to allow the if statement, if anyone knows anything about it it would be very helpful!

if (array_key_exists(($key > 5),$data))
 {
    unset($data[$key]);
 }

any help is very much appreciated,

Thanks very much in advance!

Hmm there's a few different problems, I'm creating my array from a csv file, after the third comma on every line it has a number that I want to check if it's less than 10,

$data = fgetcsv($handle, 12000, ","

(this is where I create the variable that reads the csv file)

is it possible to pick a specific row in the key to check? or should I try to find a different method of doing this?

Thank-you very much for the help and quick response! much appreciated 

• Solution

So you want to ignore rows where the 4th column has value less than 10? In that case you'd do something like this

$data = array();
if (($handle = fopen("data.csv", "r")) !== FALSE) {
    while (($row = fgetcsv($handle, 1000, ",")) !== FALSE) {
           // only add rows to the array where the 4th column value is greater than or equal to 10
            if($row[3] >= 10)
                $data[] = $row;
        }
    }
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.