change background color of a field with MSSQL an if statement and variable

kat35601
Go to solution Solved by Ch0cu3r,

I need help changing the back ground color of a field. the below code sets the background color of my field to red(I have highlighted the code in red that does this.) What I want to do is change that color when the sql field WIP_master.uompScheduleColor changes.So i think I would want an if statement to do this but I am not sure where to start since the field I will be looking at is in the sql statment.

WIP_master.uompScheduleColor data looks like this: 

CRIMSON             

NEON                

BLUE                

PINK                

SILVER              

GREEN               

YELLOW              

my code so far:

<html>

<head>

<title>PHP SQL Test</title>

</head>

<body>

<p> Status Screen </p>

<?php

$bgcolor="#FF0000";

$connect =odbc_connect("REMOVED");

if(!$connect) {

exit("Connection Failed: " . $connect);

}

$sql=" 

SELECT distinct  WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber,WIP_master.uompScheduleColor ,WIP_locations.location_name 

,( SELECT COUNT(*)

FROM OrbeData_KithKitchens.dbo.WIP_master WIP_master1

LEFT JOIN OrbeData_KithKitchens.dbo.WIP_locations WIP_locations1 ON WIP_master.location = WIP_locations1.location 

LEFT JOIN OrbeData_KithKitchens.dbo.WIP_status WIP_status1 ON WIP_master.STATUS = WIP_status1.STATUS

WHERE WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber =WIP_master1.uompScheduleNumber and WIP_master1.status = '2'

) as Printed

,( SELECT COUNT(*)

LEFT JOIN OrbeData_KithKitchens.dbo.WIP_locations WIP_locations1 ON WIP_master.location = WIP_locations1.location 

LEFT JOIN OrbeData_KithKitchens.dbo.WIP_status WIP_status1 ON WIP_master.STATUS = WIP_status1.STATUS

WHERE WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber =WIP_master1.uompScheduleNumber and WIP_master1.status = '3'

) as Audited

,( SELECT COUNT(*)

WHERE WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber =WIP_master1.uompScheduleNumber and WIP_master1.status = '9'

) as Shortage                                          

,( SELECT COUNT(*)

WHERE WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber =WIP_master1.uompScheduleNumber and WIP_master1.status = '10'

) as Shortage_Prt                                  

,( SELECT COUNT(*)

WHERE WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber =WIP_master1.uompScheduleNumber and WIP_master1.status = '11'

) as Red                                               

,( SELECT COUNT(*)

WHERE WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber =WIP_master1.uompScheduleNumber and WIP_master1.status = '12'                                                                                     

) as Neon                                                

,( SELECT COUNT(*)

WHERE WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber =WIP_master1.uompScheduleNumber and WIP_master1.status = '20'                                                                                   

) as QC_Hold       

FROM OrbeData_KithKitchens.dbo.WIP_master WIP_master

LEFT JOIN OrbeData_KithKitchens.dbo.WIP_locations ON WIP_master.location = WIP_locations.location

LEFT JOIN OrbeData_KithKitchens.dbo.WIP_status WIP_status ON WIP_master.STATUS = WIP_status.STATUS

order by WIP_master.uompScheduleNumber " ;

$result =odbc_exec($connect,$sql);

if(!$result){

exit("Error in SQL");

}

echo "<table><tr>";

echo "<th>ScheduleNumber</th>";

echo "<th>Location</th>";

echo "<th>Printed</th>";

echo "<th>Audited</th>";

echo "<th>Shortage</th>";

echo "<th>Shortage_Prt</th>";

echo "<th>Red</th>";

echo "<th>Neon</th>";

echo "<th>QC_Hold</th>";

while (odbc_fetch_row($result)) {

$uompScheduleNumber=odbc_result($result,"uompScheduleNumber");

$location_name=odbc_result($result,"location_name");

$Printed=odbc_result($result,"Printed");

$Audited=odbc_result($result,"Audited");

$Shortage=odbc_result($result,"Shortage");

$Shortage_Prt=odbc_result($result,"Shortage_Prt");

$Red=odbc_result($result,"Red");

$Neon=odbc_result($result,"Neon");

$QC_Hold=odbc_result($result,"QC_Hold");

echo "<tr><td bgcolor=$bgcolor >$uompScheduleNumber</td>";

echo "<td>$location_name</td>";

echo "<td>$Printed</td>";

echo "<td> $Audited</td>";

echo "<td> $Shortage</td>";

echo "<td> $Shortage_Prt</td>";

echo "<td> $Red</td>";

echo "<td> $Neon</td>";

echo "<td> $QC_Hold</td>";

}

odbc_close($connect);

?>

</body>

</html>

• Solution

Are they the names of the colors you want to change the cell background color to?

I assume you could do

while (odbc_fetch_row($result)) {

$bgcolor = odbc_result($result, "uompScheduleColor");      // get the WIP_master.uompScheduleColor value from the result set. Save it to $bgcolor
echo "<tr><td bgcolor=$bgcolor >$uompScheduleNumber</td>"; // set background color to $bgcolor

}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.