Combine results from multiple members who have like categories using OR

HalRau
Go to solution Solved by Barand,

Members can be in up to three different categories, primary, secondary and tertiary. What I would like to do is have all members show in the result of a query string that looks for all members in a specific category no matter if it is their primary, secondary and tertiary category. Example: If say a visitor is looking for all members whose business category = 5 it will find and list all members whose BizCat1, BizCat2 OR BizCat3 equals 5

Right now I have this query string that finds all members in the members table with a BizCat1 = to %s. %s is a URLpararmeter variable passed over to the page.

$query_RSwbamembers = sprintf("SELECT * FROM members WHERE BizCat1 = %s AND LiveOnWeb = 1 ORDER BY BusinessName ASC", GetSQLValueString($colname_RSwbamembers, "int"));

I would like the query result to also includes members whose BiZCat2 = %s or BiZCat3 = %s (the same value as BizCat1) which are additional fields in the table.

Any suggestion on how to do this appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.