Problems with mysql and phpmyadmin

ch4rlie

I have a db.php and inside it I filled out all the info needed:

<?php
define('DB_HOST', 'example.com');
define('DB_NAME', 'database_name');
define('DB_USERNAME', 'user_name');
define('DB_PASSWORD', '*******');

$odb = new PDO('mysql:host=' . DB_HOST . ';dbname=' . DB_NAME, DB_USERNAME, DB_PASSWORD);
?>

My problem is with the DB_HOST, is that my direct URL to the site? for example, google.com or is it like an IP?

is that my direct URL to the site

no. and in the cases where you do specify a url (that resolves to the ip of the database server), it would be the url of the database server, not the url of a web server. typical urls would be something like mysql1.example.com.

if you are having a problem on your hosting connecting to the correct database server for you account, you can find the correct hostname to use from your web host and it is also typically displayed on the page (phpmyadmin) where you created your databases/database tables.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.