Executing a SQL Server Stored Procedure in PHP

juddadredd
Go to solution Solved by juddadredd,

Hi all,

This is just an experiment to make sure that I can get data from a Stored Proc 'IF' and when I need to, so it's basically a THOUGHT EXERCISE.

MSSQL 2014

I'm a noobie and need a hand, I've managed to get my Instance connected to the internet and I can query it using PHP and SQL, I can also look at views with no problem.

I have it working as an "ADODB.Connection" and like I said it connects and I can query data and display results.

Now I have coded a Stored Proc "GetMonthDays" in Sql Server:

Which returns days 1 through xxx in a given month and also returns the Day name  eg... Sat for each date

2014-01-01 Thurs

2014-01-02 Fri

etc...

It works perfectly and very fast so All cool with that side BUT...

I want to be able to query the Database through a Stored Proc, I've spent all day trying to find a way to get this to work and I've hit a wall

Can anyone please tell me IF it's A. possible and B. maybe if they are really really nice and share with me a code example that I can change to fit my needs ?

This T-SQL returns what it needs to

Begin
  EXEC dbo.qselGetMonthDays '2015-01-01'
  End

Cheers

JD

Edited by juddadredd

• Solution

Hi ya Cronix,

No it's actually this just incase it will help out anyone else - it now takes input from the webpage - calls the Stored Procedure and then dumps it out with a record count

I've also coded some other routines now that will populate Tables from a Webpage Via a Stored Procedure - Hopefully make things less hackable.

Cheers All

<?PHP

// Set up strings here for DB and Server connections

$dbhandle = mssql_connect($myServer, $myUser, $myPass) or die("Couldn’t connect to SQL Server on $myServer");
$selected = mssql_select_db($myDB, $dbhandle) or die("Couldn’t open database $myDB");

echo $_GET['timestr'];
$StartDate = $_GET['timestr'];   //$StartDate = '2015-01-01'; test string

$result = mssql_query("EXEC dbo.qselGetMonthDays @StartDate = '$StartDate'", $dbhandle);
$numRows = mssql_num_rows($result);
echo "<h1>" . $numRows . " Row" . ($numRows == 1 ? "" : "s") . " Returned </h1>";

while( $row = mssql_fetch_object( $result ) )
{
echo $row->DateField . " " . $row->DayField;  echo '</br>';
}

mssql_close($dbhandle);
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.