How to retrieve xml string being POSTed

vozzek
Go to solution Solved by Barand,

Hi everyone,

I've been running a self-written php shopping cart for the last 8 years, with lots of success.  Recently however, the credit card processor (Linkpoint) I use upgraded their gateway, and now I have a problem.

Basically, the last page of my checkout does a _POST to a specific url for their gateway.  I send through a bunch of <input> variables, some of them hidden, but all of them check out okay.  I have combed over their specs, made sure I'm not sending any bad characters, made sure I've got the right format for the fields they want, etc... 

Right now the transaction is successful, the customer's card is charged, but Linkpoint's system is returning an error message: We are unable to process your request due to invalid data.

Long story short, their support staff has asked me to "send them the xml string" via email.  I have no idea how to do this (even after spending a few hours online trying to figure it out).

Is there a simple way to generate the xml string that's being passed during the _POST?  Some kind of php code I can incorporate into my final checkout page, run a test transaction, and maybe write the string out somewhere so I can get it to them?

Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Danny

Okay, here's the gateway url:

<FORM action="https://connect.firstdataglobalgateway.com/IPGConnect/gateway/processing" method="post" name="ccform" id="ccform" onSubmit="return validateCC();" style="margin:0;">

Within the form are a bunch of inputs.  Some examples:

<select name="paymentMethod" id="paymentMethod">
    <option value=""  selected>Please Select</option>
    <option value="A">American Express</option>
    <option value="V">Visa</option>
    <option value="M">Master Card</option>
    <option value="D">Discover</option>
</select>

<select name="expmonth" id="expmonth">
    <option value=""  selected>--Month--</option>
    <option value="1">January</option>
    <option value="2">February</option>
    <option value="3">March</option>
    <option value="4">April</option>
    <option value="5">May</option>
    <option value="6">June</option>
    <option value="7">July</option>
    <option value="8">August</option>
    <option value="9">September</option>
    <option value="10">October</option>
    <option value="11">November</option>
    <option value="12">December</option>
</select>

So on and so forth.  There are also a few hidden inputs for customer information, billing info, order comments, etc...  Then the form ends with  </form>

As far as I've always known, I'm simply posting a bunch of data to the gateway url.  Which is why I was confused when the guy said:  "I need to see the xml request (envelope) being sent to us"

"What?" I asked him.

"Everything you send is wrapped in an xml envelope.  You have to print it (get the server to print it?) and email it to us, so we can troubleshoot whether it's sending anything bad."

Hmmm... interesting.  They have a few gateways, and the one you linked is for the API.

I am using their "connect 2.0" gateway.  The integration guide for that one is here: http://www.firstdata.com/downloads/marketing-merchant/fdgg-connect-2.0-integration-guide.pdf

No mention of xml there really.

If the two different support reps I spoke to today both assumed I was using the API - when I specifically mentioned connect 2.0 - I'm gonna kick someone's ass...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.