error reporting

drewbee

Everyone, I can't get error reporting to work on some of my files, yet it works on others. I cannot see what the consistency or the changes are in between, but at the top of every php file (class and class host file) I have the following:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

IN the php.ini I also have set

error_reporting = E_ALL;

When a fatal error occurs (sometimes), all I get is a white screen; and this is terriblely difficult to debug as you can imagine.

Does anyone have any clues or insight as to what might be going on here?

Code in a file never runs when there is a fatal parse error, so any php code statements to change the error reporting or display errors settings won't help.

Set the following line in your php.ini, make sure the php.ini your are changing is the one php is using, and stop and start your web server to get any changes made to php.ini to take effect -

display_errors = On

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.