[SOLVED] Replace 1:03am with TBA

kemper

This may seem like an odd request, but I deal with some odd people that will believe 1:03 am is supposed to be 1:00 pm-ish.  I need to avoid those issues, but the other website that I coordinate with utilized 1:03 am as a TBA time designation.  I need to change my script to display "TBA" for that time designation.

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

<?php
print "<table width='100%' class='tbl-border'>\n";
print "<tr>
<th class='tbl2' colspan='6' align='left'>
<font color='#ff0000'><b>Any games noted as POSTPONED have the league's permission for reschedule.</b>  Coaches/managers should contact the opposing team manager and/or coach. With a 
coordinated effort, arrange for a suitable make-up date and time. Home Team coach/manager should contact their Club Field Scheduler to verify when fields are available.</font></th></tr><tr><th class='tbl2'>Status</th><th class='tbl2'>Date</th><th class='tbl2'>Time</th><th class='tbl2'>Home Team</th><th class='tbl2'>Visiting Team</th>";
if ($show_fields) print "<th class='tbl2'>Field</th>";
$queryscores = "SELECT sportsdb_wins.winid, sportsdb_wins.status, sportsdb_wins.windate, sportsdb_wins.wintime, sportsdb_wins.rf, sportsdb_wins.ra, sportsdb_wins.wincomments, sportsdb_wins.field, sportsdb_wins.field_no, sportsdb_teams2.teamname AS winningteam, sportsdb_teams.teamname AS losingteam
FROM sportsdb_wins, sportsdb_teams AS sportsdb_teams2, sportsdb_teams, sportsdb_divs
WHERE sportsdb_teams.teamdiv = sportsdb_divs.divid AND sportsdb_divs.conference = $confid AND sportsdb_teams2.teamid = sportsdb_wins.winner AND sportsdb_teams.teamid = sportsdb_wins.loser AND sportsdb_wins.winortie = 3";

// Sort by team if specified
if (isset($_POST['teamtosort']) && $_POST['teamtosort'] != 'all') {
$teamtosort = intval($_POST['teamtosort']);
$queryscores .= " AND (sportsdb_wins.winner = $teamtosort OR sportsdb_wins.loser = $teamtosort)"; 
}

$queryscores .= " ORDER BY windate ASC, wintime ASC";
$resultscores = mysql_query($queryscores);
$numscores = mysql_numrows($resultscores);

while ($scores = mysql_fetch_array($resultscores, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {

$windateheader=$scores['windate'];
$windateformatted=date("F d, Y",$windateheader);
$wintime=$scores['wintime'];
$hour=date('g',$wintime);
$minute=date('i',$wintime);
$ampm=date('a',$wintime);

print "<tr><td class='tbl1'>{$scores['status']}</td><td class='tbl1'>$windateformatted</td><td class='tbl1'>" . $hour . ":" . $minute . $ampm . "</td><td class='tbl1'>{$scores['winningteam']}</td><td class='tbl1'>{$scores['losingteam']}</td>";
if ($show_fields) print "<td class='tbl1'>{$scores['field']} {$scores['field_no']}</td>";
}
echo "</table>\n";

?>

The Time table field is setup as:

`wintime` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

I cannot seem to get it to work as I am declaring:

$wintime=$scores['wintime'];

$hour=date('g',$wintime);

$minute=date('i',$wintime);

$ampm=date('a',$wintime);

and

echoing > " . $hour . ":" . $minute . $ampm . "

$windateheader=$scores['windate'];
$windateformatted=date("F d, Y",$windateheader);
$time = date('g:ia',$scores['wintime']);
$time = ($time == "1:03am")? "TBA" : $time;

print "<tr><td class='tbl1'>{$scores['status']}</td><td class='tbl1'>$windateformatted</td><td class='tbl1'>" . $time . "</td><td class='tbl1'>{$scores['winningteam']}</td><td class='tbl1'>{$scores['losingteam']}</td>";

hope this helps clear things up - also are you wanting to replace a time-range to be TBA or a specific time like above?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.