Help with navigation

dc_jt

Hi Ive got a navigation which has 3 tiers. I want to show certain tiers depending on what page I am on.

1. Our Projects

Category Name

Project Name

Category Two Name

Project Two Name

Project Three Name

etc etc...

The idea is that at first only 'Our Projects' is shown.

When you click this and go to the /projects/ page, the 'Category Name' and 'Category Name Two' will appear.

When you click a category e.g 'Category Name' this will take you to /projects/our-projects.php?iCategoryId=1 and the projects for this category will appear (in this case 'Project Name').

When you click a project e.g. Project Name, you are taken to the projects/centre.php?iCentresId=1 page and the categories and projects for this category are still shown.

The way I have done it works, however when I click the actual project, it hides the project in the dropdown.

Hope all this makes sense, I have tried to describe as best as I could.

Please see below for what Ive done so far.

$d=explode("/",$_SERVER[sCRIPT_NAME]);
$file=($d [1]);
$file2 = ($_SERVER[sCRIPT_NAME]);
$url = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

<li><a href="/projects/" accesskey="N">Our Projects</a>
        <?php if($file == 'projects'){?>
        <ul>

<?php
			while ($oCategories = mysql_fetch_object($rCategories))
			{?>
      	<li><a href="/projects/our-projects.php?iCategoryId=<?=$oCategories->category_id?>" accesskey="P"><?=$oCategories->category?></a>

<?php 
                	$rCentresArticles = $oTblCentres->GetArticles($iStart, 500, $oCategories->category_id);
                	if($url == '/projects/our-projects.php?iCategoryId='.$oCategories->category_id.''){?>
      			<ul>

<?php
				while ($oCentresArticle = mysql_fetch_object($rCentresArticles))
				{
					if($url == '/projects/centre.php?iCentresId='.$oCentresArticle->centres_id.'' || $url == '/projects/our-projects.php?iCategoryId='.$oCategories->category_id.''){?>
				<li><a href="/projects/centre.php?iCentresId=<?=$oCentresArticle->centres_id ?>"><?=$oCentresArticle->title?></a></li>
				<?php }?>
				<?php }?>
        	</ul>
        	<?php }?>
        </li>
        <?php }?>
        </ul>
        <?php }?>

Thanks

Update :

I now have the following which works, although when I click on a project it only shows that project and not all projects for that category in the nav.

Any ideas of how I can change this to still show all projects for the category. I know its because Ive put

($url == '/projects/centre.php?iCentresId='.$oCentresArticle->centres_id

but I dont know how else to do it?

Thanks

<li><a href="/projects/" accesskey="N">Our Projects</a>
        <?php if($file == 'projects'){?>
        <ul>

<?php
			while ($oCategories = mysql_fetch_object($rCategories))
			{?>
      	<li><a href="/projects/our-projects.php?iCategoryId=<?=$oCategories->category_id?>" accesskey="P"><?=$oCategories->category?></a>

<?php 
                	$rCentresArticles = $oTblCentres->GetArticles($iStart, 500, $oCategories->category_id);

if($url == '/projects/our-projects.php?iCategoryId='.$oCategories->category_id.'' || $file2 == '/projects/centre.php'){?>

<?php
                	$iCount=0;
				while ($oCentresArticle = mysql_fetch_object($rCentresArticles))
				{?>
				<?php if($url == '/projects/centre.php?iCentresId='.$oCentresArticle->centres_id || $url == '/projects/our-projects.php?iCategoryId='.$oCategories->category_id.''){?>
				<? 
				$iCount++;
				if ($iCount == '1'){
					echo "<ul>";
				}?>
				<li><a href="/projects/centre.php?iCentresId=<?=$oCentresArticle->centres_id ?>"><?=$oCentresArticle->title?></a></li>
				<?php }?>
				<?php }?>
				<? if ($iCount >= '1'){
					echo "</ul>";	
				}?>

<?php }?>

</li>
        <?php }?>
        </ul>
        <?php }?>

</li>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.