Capturing a screenshot of SWF object

luke777

Right ok so basically I own a site girldressupgames.net

People can play a variety of games and dress characters up however they like.

I would like to add a function to the site so that when they are done they can click a button that says "Capture" and it will then save a screenshot of the game once they have finished dressing up the character so they can show other people online.

The image will look somthing like this:

dressir5.jpg

There must be a way I can do this, and if I could it would be great!

Thanks for your help :)

Luke.

Well, I won't flesh it out, but I can give you a concept to work with.  Make it so your SWF files "call home", and saves the environment data to a table, then image magik can create the images server side (heavy coding, not for a novice).  You would need to keep track of all data for this to work. background, x and y coords for every item on the doll, etc.  Then you can have image magik draw one item on to the background, using the x and y coords. I can't help much past that, but....hope this has helped. ( repeated myself there, but I wanted to expound)

There are so many different games with different items, this would be impossible. Or would take months to create.

I think the active x control idea could work. Im not sure how complexed you can get with active x control but im pretty sure it involves a bit of c++.

Im going to look into this.

Luke.

Very good point.... hmmm well i cant see any other way around it.

Most users do visit with IE, ill just have to let the users with other browsers know that if they want to use the function they need to switch browsers.

1. Internet Explorer 178,358  82.73% 

2. Firefox 30,960  14.36%

3. Safari 4,101  1.90%

4. Opera 1,638  0.76%

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.