Installing Apache / php/ mysql for noobie

jwwceo

Hello,

I've installed Apache, PHP, and mysql on my local laptop before...but never on a remote server and I have no clue where to start.

All the tutorials seem to assume I already know how to do certain things. For example, they say, unzip the source code from the directory where you downloaded the files. But I have no clue how to download the files onto my server. I've got the zipped files on my desktop..but Im not sure how to get them onto my server...

is there a tutorial anyone knows of, that is ultra step by step from a totally new server standpoint.??

James

What is the remote server running?  Linux, Solaris, Windows...

Do you have administrative privileges to install these programs?

If you're paying for webhosting I would think these items are already installed for you.  If you just need to put your PHP code on the server you should be able to just FTP the files over.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.