remove dropdown

kemper

I have a script that I only want to echo: team name (the team that is already assigned).  It currently is a dropdown menu with a list teams with a specific division.

<tr><td class='tbl1'>Away: <select name="loser">
<?php
$query3="SELECT sportsdb_teams.teamid, sportsdb_teams.teamname, sportsdb_divs.divname FROM sportsdb_teams, sportsdb_divs WHERE sportsdb_teams.active=1 AND sportsdb_teams.teamdiv = sportsdb_divs.divid AND sportsdb_divs.conference = $confid ORDER BY divorder ASC, teamname ASC";
$result3=mysql_query($query3);
while ($teams = mysql_fetch_array($result3, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
	echo "<option value=\"{$teams['teamid']}\"";
	if ($teams['teamid'] == $score['loser']) {
		print " selected=\"selected\"";
	}
	print ">{$teams['teamname']}</option>\n";
}
print "</select></td><td bgcolor='#FFFF00'>Score: <input type=\"text\" name=\"ra\" size=\"2\" maxlength=\"2\" value=\"{$score['ra']}\" /></td></tr>\n";
?>

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

try:

<tr><td class='tbl1'>Away: 
<?php
$query3="SELECT sportsdb_teams.teamid, sportsdb_teams.teamname, sportsdb_divs.divname FROM sportsdb_teams, sportsdb_divs WHERE sportsdb_teams.active=1 AND sportsdb_teams.teamdiv = sportsdb_divs.divid AND sportsdb_divs.conference = $confid ORDER BY divorder ASC, teamname ASC";
$result3=mysql_query($query3);
$teams = mysql_fetch_array($result3, MYSQL_ASSOC);
	print ">{$teams['teamname']}</option>\n";
print "</td><td bgcolor='#FFFF00'>Score: <input type=\"text\" name=\"ra\" size=\"2\" maxlength=\"2\" value=\"{$score['ra']}\" /></td></tr>\n";
?>

It is echoing just one team for any game like:

Game 1: Team 3 vs. Team 4 (echoing Team 1)

Game 2: Team 8 vs. Team 5 (echoing Team 1)

It is echoing one team, but the incorrect and same team name in each game.

The original was a dropdown menu, but the Select was a predetermined teamid.  I want to eliminate the risk of changing the team when entering the scores.  The Select team is what should be echoing.

Thanks!

The modified code echos the first teamname with in that specific division as defined by

ORDER BY divorder ASC, teamname ASC

I need it to echo the team that is assigned to that field.

Assistance is appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.