php Bulletin Board-HELP!

caspermum

I'm trying to build my php Forum, and it's been quite difficult.  I downloaded all the necessary SQ (Mysql, php, phpmyAdmin ..  Apache) I'm now up to the point of installing, but .. the form is only recognizing MSSQL and not MYSQL. Can anyone tell me why, and what I can do to change whatever mistake I made? HELP! SOS! 

Where are you installing phpBB to? On a "home-brew" server or on your hosting account?

If its the latter you don't need to install the AMP stack as it is already setup for you by your webhost. All you need to do is upload the phpBB files to your website, once uploaded go to http://yoursite.com/phpbb/install/install.php and run through the on screen instructions.

If you're setting up your own server, can you tell me what OS you're using on your server and what steps you have taken to install AMP (Apache, PHP and MySQL).

Thanks for replying .. It's the latter.  I'm installing it on my work laptop, via Apache (using Windows).  The good news is, I got it to work and went through the install and had the php Bulletin Board Template up and running. The bad news is that now it won't allow me to log on or register.  I must have closed out too quickly, or something (shrug) during the setup of the bulletin board .. weird that all the other changes took effect .. but I can't log on.  Any suggestions? 

Best way would be to reset the password for your Administrator account. Just login to phpMyAdmin open phpBB's from the left hadn from. Then load the members or users table (I'm not sure what it is called) find your username and select the little pencil icon in the same row to edit the entry. Scroll down and find the Password field select the MD5 from the menu in the functions column then type your new password in the field next to it.

Scroll down and select Go. Try loggin in with your new password.

If it doesn't work just reinstall php by running the install script again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.