Running a script across multiple servers

Longlands

I'd like to know if this is possible - but don't even know how to go about looking it up!

I have a script that runs fine on one of my domains, but for technical reasons I'd like it to call a function that resides on a different domain.

I can see how I can simply divert the script on server 'a' to the new file on server 'b', but can't see how to get the server 'b' file to return with a value back to the point in the server 'a' script where it left off.

Including the remote function won't work because I really need it to be run from a different IP address.

It is entirely possible that I'm missing the obvious, but can anyone help me preserve the little remaining hair that I have?

Thanks!

Martin

Here is how two servers can communicate with each other:

Server A requests page_1 from Server B and includes a 'callback' URL pointing to a page on Server A

Server B process the request and when it is finished, it sends a request to the 'callback' URL that it received from Server A

Server A handles the 'callback' URL and is now communicating with Server B in response to Server B's request.

I don't know if this is what you were thinking of, as I didn't understand your problem very well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.