Need help getting the url into my script

skatermike21988

Hello,

It's been quite a while since I posted here, as I have been very busy, but anyways I have an issue with one of my scripts.

I have a header file in which is included in all my pages. I have my server set up to parse .htm, .html, and .shtml files as php. Reason being I use frontpage and I can easily desing my page and just use includes for my php. That all works fine, except for one thing. I am trying to have session id passed through the url from my billing management system so it doesn't always show the login form in theheader when they are logged in, I can get the sid into the url and sent to my .htm etc. pages, but the $_GET[] isn't workign for some reason on those pages, so I am trying an alternative method. I wish to pull all the data out of the url and then strip it to get the sid, but since this is done via header.php, and not index.shtml (header.php is included in index.shtml) if I use php_self it returns header.php, $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] it also returns header.php etc. even though I am actually on the page index.shtl?sid=blahblahblah

So my question is, how can I pull the ACTUAL url displayed in the address bar and not where the page is run?

I have thought about putting it on index.shtml but the only ploblem is I am creating the header.php to avoid doing excessive editing of all my files to change one thing. Hope you all can understand this, I know its alot.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.