PHP, SQL - javascript in form submit not working

puppy

I have an SQL query on my page that gets a list of people from the DB. I am trying to have it so that when you click on the date it submits a form (post) with the ID number of that row to another page. I have the <form> function in the echo of my query, here is what it is.

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM criminals WHERE $field LIKE '%$search%' ORDER BY date");

while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result))
{	

$user=$row["user"];
   $date=$row["date"];
   $crime=$row["crime"];
   $officer=$row["officer"];
   $dispatch=$row["dispatch"];
   $type=$row["type"];
   $comment=$row["comment"];
   $loc=$row["loc"];
   $id=$row["id"];

echo "<tr>
          <td align='center' class='row1h' ><p class='forumdesc style2'><strong><form method='POST' action='ticket.php' id='$id'>
<input type='hidden' name='Country' value='$id'>
<a href='javascript:void(0);' onclick='document.forms['$id'].sumbit();'>$date</a></form></strong></p></td>
          <td class='row1h' align='left'><p class='forumdesc style2'><strong>$user</strong></p></td>
          <td class='row1h' align='left'><p class='forumdesc style2'><strong>$crime</strong></p></td>
          <td class='row1h' align='left' nowrap='nowrap'><p class='forumdesc style2'><strong>$officer</strong></p></td>
        </tr>";

}

I get a link on the date like I am supposed to but I end up getting a javascript error, here is what the echo outputs.

<td align='center' class='row1h' ><p class='forumdesc style2'><strong><form method='POST' action='ticket.php' id='1'>
<input type='hidden' name='id' value='1'>
<a href='javascript:void(0);' onclick='document.forms['1'].sumbit();'>4/29/2008</a></form></strong></p></td>
          <td class='row1h' align='left'><p class='forumdesc style2'><strong>Fuzz_monkey</strong></p></td>
          <td class='row1h' align='left'><p class='forumdesc style2'><strong>Bad behavior on the sidewalk</strong></p></td>
          <td class='row1h' align='left' nowrap='nowrap'><p class='forumdesc style2'><strong>pUPPy (702)</strong></p></td>

</tr>          </tbody>
        </table>

When I use firefox to look at the source it highlights this section for the error in red :

onclick='document.forms['1'].sumbit();'>4/29/2008</a>

Any ideas?

You got few error:

- Javascript form are counting from 0.

- You should't enclose your number with quotes.

- Your onclick should use double-quotes.

(\"document.forms['1'].sumbit();\")

My best suggestion is:

document.getElementById('$i').submit();

since you already assign an id to your form.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.