Insert session variable into form

sporks

I've set a session variable that spits out the ID of the previous page.  There is a hidden field on my insert form which I've set to equal the session variable.  I have the variable echoing so I know it works but if you insert the form, the field shows up as null.  What is wrong with my field?

<input type="hidden" name="pastID" value="<?php $_SESSION['fromID'] ?>" />
  <input type="hidden" name="MM_insert" value="form1" />

Also I have a repeating region spitting out text and I wanted to place the word 'or' between each one.  Is there a way I can put something in between a repeating region without it that something also on the end.

ie NOT: 'field one' or 'field two' or

Well the problem with the value in your input being null is happening because you're not echoing the session variable. Try this:

<input type="hidden" name="pastID" value="<?php echo $_SESSION['fromID']; ?>" />

If you are using a while loop you could do something like this:

<?php
$x = 0
while (what ever your condition is)
{
if ($x != "0")
{
echo "or";
}

//your repeating title code here

$x++;
}
?>

This will place 'or' before every title except when $x is equal to 0 which is only on the first loop so no 'or' will appear before the first title.

Note: You can do this with any loop, I just used while as an example.

I hope that solved all your problems  ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.