form method="post" - different results in XP and Vista:

sixseven42

allow_url_include

I did not read to the last line of that post, so I did not realize you had a question.

Yes, include(http://mysite.com/inc/header.php) won't work if allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include are not both on. But even with those settings on, an include using a http request only includes the "content" that is output by that file, the same as if you browsed to it, and any php variables in the main code are not available to the code in the file being included, so this might not be capable of doing what you expect anyway.

Relative includes are a big problem. The best way to avoid the - "current working directory/ current main script/ does it or does it not use the include_path/ does the include_path have the . in it" is to only use absolute file system paths -

include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/path_to_your_file/your_file');

No matter where the file is that contains the include() or where the file is that is being included (on the same server of course), as long as path_to_your_file and your_file are correct, the include will find the file.

Trial and error is the key to progress, i strongly recommend you look into more effecient coding strategies also.

I'm running Vista now, and with more than capable hardware I haven't experienced any issues, Desktop development or website development wise.

Why are you so persistant in using #result?

If you will read my previous posts you will see that I explained why I am using #result.  And my code is perfect, thank you very much.  I know how to use efficient coding strategies.  Of course I tested it along the way, even though I had less than one afternoon to code it from scratch and get it live.  To save time I copied bits and pieces form past projects, hence the <th></td> errors.  When I changed some of the columns to th I forgot to change the closing tag.  Big whoop.  Anyway I validate now and I'm almost positive the problem is fixed.

However I cannot test on a Vista machine.  I assume the problem is not VISTA, per se, but IE7 in Vista.  The problem was obviously that I was using action="#result" instead of action="<?php $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ?>#result" (WHICH IS A PHP CODING ERROR, belonging on THIS forum).

#result works perfectly fine in IE7(xp), IE6, Mozilla 2.x and Safari.  It was only one user on Vista (Vista's version of IE7) where the form was not working.  I assume it is now, though I cannot ask them to test it for me.

You're running Vista.  You volunteering to test it for me?  How many browsers do you have?

I have all of the widely known browsers. You can stop being pedantic, all we're trying to do is give you advice and help you. If you believe your code is clean and efficient fine. You obviously haven't read the PEAR coding standards.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.