[SOLVED] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]:

ballhogjoni

I keep getting these errors in my error logs. What ever they are, they are preventing me from viewing my website correctly because I inlcude navigation, header, etc...

[03-May-2008 08:46:03] PHP Warning:  include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/realfina/public_html/JohnCummuta.php on line 135

[03-May-2008 08:46:03] PHP Warning:  include(http://xxxxxxx/advice/pop/debttowealth/debttowealthpop2.html) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/realfina/public_html/JohnCummuta.php on line 135

[03-May-2008 08:46:03] PHP Warning:  include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'http://xxxxxxxxxxxx/advice/pop/debttowealth/debttowealthpop2.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/realfina/public_html/JohnCummuta.php on line 135

if the files are on another server then you may have to change the php.ini setting for allowing this, can't remember which one off-hand...

If "URL fopen wrappers" are enabled in PHP (which they are in the default configuration), you can specify the file to be included using a URL (via HTTP or other supported wrapper - see List of Supported Protocols/Wrappers for a list of protocols) instead of a local pathname. If the target server interprets the target file as PHP code, variables may be passed to the included file using a URL request string as used with HTTP GET. This is not strictly speaking the same thing as including the file and having it inherit the parent file's variable scope; the script is actually being run on the remote server and the result is then being included into the local script.

Probably not an issue, but...

Warning

Windows versions of PHP prior to PHP 4.3.0 do not support access of remote files via this function, even if allow_url_fopen is enabled.

Your PHP files are likely written sloppily or assuming certain settings are enabled. Just go through your code and use relative paths, make sure your code is not dependent on register_globals, and that it does not assume other settings are enabled (Maybe some conditional statements with a way to handle this so your pages simply don't error out and become unviewable).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.