Browser compatibility

Boylett

Hi.

I'm trying to make a script which is an online live map for a game server. It uses AJAX to read mapdata.php and update dots on the map to show players positions. At the moment, I just have mapdata.php emitting random positions just for testing.

Basicly all that should be happending at the moment is at the centre of the map there should be a blue moving about.

In Opera and IE it performs the AJAX call only once then leaves the dot in one place (so it's sort of working).

In Firefox it works perfectly - the blue dot moves about randomly in the centre.

The centre of the map is at 3000,3000 pixels. Just put your scroll bars in the middle and you should see it.

The page is here: http://www.xendot.com/map/

I hope someone can figure this out, thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.