[SOLVED] decimal to hex converting

bbunlock

I have a flex app that was made for me that sends the values via the post method, the problem is that the color values are sent in decimal format.

I have used the dec2hex function and it works on some of them but it fails on others, for example the post data might send "16763955" which I can convert using the dechex function into its correct hex color code example "00ff00" BUT some of the decimal values are for example "65535" which converts to "33cc" which is no good becuase the correct value is "0033cc" it apears that dechex will not convert these correctly.

is there another function that I have missed that will convert them to the correct hex code? I have sent the flex developer an email a couple of days ago but heard nothing back so diceded to try a php convert instead but having problems as described above.

if anyone can suggest another method to get the correct values then please reply to let me know

thanks in advance

wayne

<?php
$dec = 65535;
$hex = sprintf('%d --> %06X', $dec, $dec);
echo $hex;                                   // 00FFFF

echo '<br>';

$dec = 13260;
$hex = sprintf('%d --> %06X', $dec, $dec);
echo $hex;                                   // 0033CC

You're having this problem, because leading zeros are capped off the returned string of dechex(). The solution is to always use str_pad():

<?php
echo str_pad(dechex(65535), 6, '0', STR_PAD_LEFT);
// 00ffff
?>

Or Barand's solution :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.