Create Variable Text?

Hello,

I am rather new to PHP, but quite familiar with HTML.

My question is, If I have a php file for example that looked like this:

<php
<variable text>
/php>

How could I create another PHP file with a simple form, that I can just type in my variable text and it will run the php script with the variable text in place.

Do you understand?

Thank's,

Tom Turner

Really depends on how you want it to work. If you just wanted to run the users commands, you could use the eval() function on the string. If you wanted to save it for later, you could use fwrite()

Running user's commands is a very dangerous thing to do, however.

Perphaps if you told us a bit more about what you're trying to achieve, we could help more.

Really depends on how you want it to work. If you just wanted to run the users commands, you could use the eval() function on the string. If you wanted to save it for later, you could use fwrite()

Perphaps if you told us a bit more about what you're trying to achieve, we could help more.

Thank you.

There is a script in the internet that gathers various information about a target source, but requires you to open the script and change the url you are targetting, manually each time. So I wanted to find a way to simply enter the target url into a online form, rather than reupload the file each time :)

Thank you.

There is a script in the internet that gathers various information about a target source, but requires you to open the script and change the url you are targetting, manually each time. So I wanted to find a way to simply enter the target url into a online form, rather than reupload the file each time :)

Why not just modify the script to take the url you are wanting to gather information for from the query string?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.