MSSQL and PHP4

chilluk

Due to some aggravating PHP issues (posts elsehwhere today!) I am trying to save my backsode by moving a few sites onto other servers I have setup already running other sites.

One of the sites I had running on the problematic server made use of both MySQL and MSSQL (2005)

The server that I need to move the site to already had MySQL and MSSQL 2005 installed so I thought happy days - however I can't get the PHP scripts to connect to the MSSQL database- the script seems to die at the mssql_connect stage (commenting it out allows the page to run a bit further although fails later on when actually trying to query the MSSQL database) This server has PHP4 installed not 5.x and as it also runs other stable PHP sites I was loathe to update it!

I'm pretty sure all permissions etc are OK although it has been a long and stressful day!

Can PHP4 talk to MSSQL5? If so any common issues where it might be going awry?

Thanks

Chris.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.