Isolating CSS to a single DIV.

dmarquard

I have an interesting situation.  <i>Basically</i>, I want to be able to include a webpage's source, in its entirety, within my website.  This can be easily accomplished by including it through an IFRAME; however, I want to avoid that all costs.  Google does not index IFRAMES within the parent page's source and also don't show ads in the parent page relevant to the contents of the IFRAME.

I basically want to isolate the entire source of a webpage in a single DIV.  This DIV will ignore all formatting options of the parent page and inherit the remote page's source to be displayed just as it would in an IFRAME.

I hope this makes sense.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

It's possible that you could simply grab only the text from the site and paste it into the div. But like Xurion said, you can't do that with just CSS. You'd have to use something like PHP to grab the source and strip all the tags and then render only the left over text without any tags to worry about.

It's possible that you could simply grab only the text from the site and paste it into the div. But like Xurion said, you can't do that with just CSS. You'd have to use something like PHP to grab the source and strip all the tags and then render only the left over text without any tags to worry about.

I think I get what you're saying.  What I'll do is include the original in an IFRAME and strip the tags of the page's source and include it in an invisible DIV.  Think that'll serve my purpose?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.