Reading the output of an evaluated PHP file

m1tch37

I have a php script located on my server which when viewed has a simple text output, but contains a huge amount of processing.

I am trying to read this text output from another page, however, fread, file and file_get_contents all return the PHP code, not the evaluated output. I suppose this makes sense, its just reading the file, but how can I read what you see in a web browser?

I can't directly include the file because both are big scripts that are very different, but have many similar variable names. When I include one into another it makes a storm of errors.

How can I get around this, by either reading an evaluated php file on my server, or somehow including a page whilst keeping it completely independent besides a string I must read?

Thanks.

Edit: If i explained it poorly, here is an example:

toread.php:

<?php print "sunny"; ?>

index.php:

<?php print "The weather is ".file_get_contents("toread.php"); ?>

Expected (desired) Results:

The weather is sunny

Actual Results:

The weather is <?php print "sunny"; ?>

I can't directly include the file because both are big scripts that are very different, but have many similar variable names. When I include one into another it makes a storm of errors

I can't use include, the example I had was simplified.

Whilst not the most elegant solution, I made do with reading the file off the server as you suggested. It shall do for this rough hack.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.