Passing one number returned from a list to a new page

nyamanza

Hi,

I am no programmer, but I am doing pretty well I think.  I have a page that runs a query on a MYSQL database and returns the results and displays them on the page.  Woohoo, go me.  I have then placed an input text field after each item listed (note) and then a submit button(on each line).  So my result looks something like this...

Order Number      Summary            Note                 

12345                In Progress          waiting on supplier          [submit]

12344                Closed                                                    [submit]

12322                Waiting              Not in production              [submit]

00823                Closed                                                    [submit]

My query returns order number and Summary.  The Note field is an input field and the [submit] is the submit button.

My submit button goes to a note_add.php page which submits the note against the order number (or is supposed to).

I can get the note passed to the next page (by simply calling "$note"), but not the order number.  I have tried turning register_global=on in the php.ini to no avail. 

When I display the order number I am using the following syntax :

<form method="post" action="note_add.php">
<td>
    <input colspan="0" type="hidden" name="order_id" > <?php echo string_get_order_view_link( $f_order_id ) ?> >
</td>

This displays the order number no worries (and of course the corresponding summary).

My note that I input is done in the same file and displayed thus:

</td>
 <td colspan="5">
              <input type="text" name="order_note" value="" size="50" />
           </td>
	   <td>

and I finally close the form after the submit button is printed:

<td>

<input type="submit" class="button" value="submit" />

</td> 
</form>

In my note_add.php I am just displaying the data before I attempt to add it, so I just have (for the moment)

<?php
echo "$order_note";
echo "$order_id";

?>

I have also tried using GET and POST by adding (with register_globals=on in the php.ini)

<?php
$my_order_id= $_POST['order_id'];
$my2_order_id=$_GET['order_id'];

echo "$order_note";
echo "$my_order_id";
echo "$my2_order_id";

?>

but only my note comes through.  Can someone PLEASE tell me where I am going wrong..please, please! :)

try taking out the quotes from echo "$my_order_id", i think it should just be echo $my_order_id; 

also if your method is post use

<?php
$my_order_id= $_POST['order_id'];
$my_note = $_POST['order_note'];

echo $my_order_id;
echo $my_note;

?>

in part[code]<input colspan="0" type="hidden" name="order_id" >

you must add value propertiy

<input colspan="0" type="hidden" name="order_id" value="<?php echo $variable_with_id_here; ?>" >[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.