Web HostingQuestion

intodesi

Is the following worth 195 bucks a month? I am looking for some dedicated hosting and I have been using the company that has been providing this dedicated service for quite some time and have been satisfied as far as their regular shared hosting goes, but looking at the dedicated, im a bit.. perplexed

Dedicated

CPU  2.4 Ghz Intel Celeron 

Memory 1024 MB

HDD 80 Gb

IP 8

Bandwidth  ** 1000 Gb

Control  panel WHM/Cpanel

** Bandwidth usage is calculated based on average usage NOT 95th percentile. Customers are welcome to keep their own bandwidth records; however, Hostony's internal records will be used for all billing calculations.

Installed Software

** Billed in 30 minute increments, 30 minutes minimum.

** Since hardware upgrade options varies by system, please email us for consultation and obtain price quotes.

NOC, Connections & Bandwidth

Our servers are located at state of the art datacenter in Atlanta, GA. The center is a 5,000 square foot facility smartly connected via Gigabit connections and Cisco core routers. All servers are wired into an un-interruptible power supply, or UPS. We also have multiple, private backup generators at the datacenter. In the event of a power failure, the UPS battery backups will immediately kick in and will power your server until the backup generators will be turned on. Power generators are capable of powering the entire facility indefinitely.

Our network uses multiple redundant connections and BGP4 (Aleron, MFN (Above.net), Cogent + Private Peering, plus an additional 14 other providers) to ensure 100% uptime of the network. We also have in place a unique firewall to ensure server security. Our network is 100% Meshed 1 GIG Cisco with two redundant Cisco 7513 Routers and Cisco Catalyst 2948G-L3 switches.

That's why we can include 500 Gb of multihomed bandwidth with each our dedicated plan. All bandwidth figures are calculated based on average usage, not the 95th percentile method (which usually results in much higher bandwidth figures for the customer).

We don't cap your bandwidth usage; all our network connections are 100% fully burstable.

not my question, but still looked at the dreamhost service, and for the content you linked, an invitation is required, and they are below par what my current hosting provides.. still about my first host, is 195 bucks a month worth what they are offering?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.