Need help with creating .txt file..

rhythmatik

Okay, so I know basic php.. and I figured their would be a script already made that I could just alter.. But I couldn't find anything.. so I'll ask you guys for help!

I need a script that does the following or need to know how to code my own to do the following:

user fills in the designated input boxes

user then clicks 'generate'

script generates a txt or .cfg file

script outputs file for download.. not in a txt box just generates a link for user to download the .cfg or .txt file.

Thanks for your help in advance!

cj

instead of saving the temp config files on your server's disk, consider reading the file to the browser as a dl rather than presenting a link.

In the long run it'll be easier on you, and your users (eliminating the click step. The user will submit the form and file will be read to their browser as a download)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.