Bouble Submision Issues

phpretard

I have a form that when is completed submits the info into a DB.  No problem

When the form is complete the header redirects you to a new page.  If you click the back button you of course get this page has expired but if you click yes to refresh it resubmits the same infor to the DB.  Now I have Duplicate entries with the basically the same info.

How could I prevent this issue?

One common way is to submit the info to a popup or just do validate to check for double-submission attempts.

Set a session variable that doesn't accept the post data if the user has already sent in the form..

tons of ways.

Use the following pattern:

form -> submission page -> page to be forwarded to

Have all the processing done on the submission page, with a redirect to the page to be forwarded to at the end. Since all the processing is done on the submission page behind the scenes on the server, the user's history will only show the form page, and the page to be forwarded to. This way when the user clicks back, they go back to the form, and nothign is submitted.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.