Php contact form help!!

andrew_biggart

Hey i was just wondering when ever you create a contact from and then email the details to an email, does a hotmail.com not allow this function? I got a contact form online but it doesnt forward the email to my hotmail account!

im usuing this code, which takes the info from a flash form.....

<?php

/* ---------------------------
php and flash contact form. 
by www.MacromediaHelp.com
--------------------------- 
Note: most servers require that one of the emails (sender or receiver) to be an email hosted by same server, 
so make sure your email (on last line of this file) is one hosted on same server.
--------------------------- */

// read the variables form the string, (this is not needed with some servers).
$subject = $_REQUEST["subject"];
$message = $_REQUEST["message"];
$sender = $_REQUEST["sender"];

// include sender IP in the message.
$full_message = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . "\n\n" . $message;
$message= $full_message;

// remove the backslashes that normally appears when entering " or '
$message = stripslashes($message); 
$subject = stripslashes($subject); 
$sender = stripslashes($sender); 

// add a prefix in the subject line so that you know the email was sent by online form
$subject = "Contact form ". $subject;

// send the email, make sure you replace email@yourserver.com with your email address
if(isset($message) and isset($subject) and isset($sender)){
mail(" my hotmail email addresse hear", $subject, $message, "From: $sender");
}
?>

Is there any email type that anyone can recommend?

Thanks in advance

Do you just have problems with hotmail or also with emails to other mail-providers? (Hotmail has the strictes spam-policy)

Usually this kind of problems come from the senders mail. Hotmail checks if the email comes from the mailserver which is configured in the DNS-settings (the MX-entry) of the domain. If there is no correct MX-entry for the senders emailaddress it blocks the mail. (Otherwise every spamer could enter every emailaddress with the mail()-function)

(it could also take some hours for your mail to arrive at hotmail...)

i think there's hardly any solution for your problem... be sure your sender-mail works with hotmail. the problem could also be the webspace where you are hosting your function. if its often used for spam (or any other reason) it could be on microsofts blacklist.

a little hack could be: create an emailaddress with wich you can recive mails from mail() and forward them to your hotmail address - stupid but a little hack.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.