Try Leeching a Game!

My website is warptweet.com, and I'm working on a new version.

The new version is http://www.warptweet.com/a-new

Can somebody try and download/steal a flash game from my site? I implemented some .htaccess to try and prevent hotlinking or downloading. Can somebody try and bypass this security, and give me suggestions on how to tighten the security?

I went to your site http://www.warptweet.com/a-new, clicked on Elastic Soccer. Looked at page source, pulled swf/elasticsoccer.swf from it went to http://www.warptweet.com/a-new/swf/elasticsoccer.swf then clicked File>Save

Page As. Uploaded it to my site. http://cixdev.info/elasticsoccer.swf . Seemed to be real easy actually, I don't know much about how you can secure it though.

I just downloaded onto my desktop in one minute, I don't think you can stop many people from stealing it.  If by hotlinking you mean, embeding a file hosted on your site, I just did it.  If you want to make it so people can not use your games on their site, I reccomend speaking with the people who made www.nitrome.com they did it, but it's code inside the swf file, which you did not make and editing swf files requires a program which I have never been able to find for free.  Nice site, like the template. 

Any Flash Game/Or Flash Movies can be always able to get.. Give me a site and guaranteed to get it..

When you visit a site with flash it saves it to a temp file on your computer.. so you can just get it from there and drag to your desktop.. then upload.. xD no way of securing it i think.

I am currently working on an HTML confuzzler, I'll tell you how you can use it when I am finished.  It should make it harder to hack.

same way like already told. file/save/... and your site including the swf is stored on the local PC. just open the folder and copy the only file with ".swf" ;)

I think an HTML obfuscator would work well. I'm not really concerned about it being in a temporary folder. It's up to the user to delve into their OS system and find that mystical temporary file. However, I'm more concerned about the ridiculous ease of going to any flash game site and looking at the source, and easily leeching the file.

I've thought of two methods.

1) Making a flash program that my friend might be able to make to open the actual flash game file. That would only display the file source of the flash displayer, and not the game.

2) Make all the flash files renamed as .warp or something. When played, the system renames the file to .swf quickly, and immediately renames it to .warp or something after the game loads -- disabling the ability to download the game, unless you find the mystery extension.

However, a goal and positive of my site is the speed and quickness of the design. I wouldn't want to hinder such an important positive for mere security reasons.

I've thought of two methods.

1) Making a flash program that my friend might be able to make to open the actual flash game file. That would only display the file source of the flash displayer, and not the game.

2) Make all the flash files renamed as .warp or something. When played, the system renames the file to .swf quickly, and immediately renames it to .warp or something after the game loads -- disabling the ability to download the game, unless you find the mystery extension.

However, a goal and positive of my site is the speed and quickness of the design. I wouldn't want to hinder such an important positive for mere security reasons.

How would you change from warp to swf to warp again?  that sounds hard.  some people like paul neave put flash files inside flash files.  My obfuscator is almost finished, do you want to use it?

I like it, I tested it out and it works nicely. However, I can't seem to edit it in a way that I can implement it with my php.

Location of Flash File: $flash_file

Flash Width: $size[0]

Flash Height: $size[1]

And I use this code:

<embed src='$flash_file' width='$size[0]' height='$size[1]' />

Are you able to hand-edit the translation for me, and make it compatible with my variables?

Thanks for trying at least, your obfuscator works really well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.