Force Download Script

Wolverine68

I pasted a copy of a code that someone shared on another site for forcing downloads. I tested it out for downloading mp3 files. When you click on the link for calling the php code it does prompt you and asks if you want to open or save the file. The file type shows as "mp3" however the file size says 221 bytes. I know that the file is about 20MB.

If I click on Save, it prompts me to save to my local hard drive. The "Save as Type" shows up, by default, as HTML document. Why would it do that? This is an mp3 file. Even if I change it to "All Files" and save it as an mp3, it doesn't play. I get an error saying it doesn't recognize the file.

Anyone one have a diagnosis?

CODE<?php

ini_set('session.cache_limiter', '');

header('Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT');

header('Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');

header('Pragma: no-cache');

header("Content-Disposition: disposition-type=attachment; filename=movie.wmv");

readfile("http://www.remotedomain.com/movie.wmv");

<!-- the movie,mp3,mpeg file can be sitting on a remote domain and you just call to it. -->

?>

Code for the calling link:

CODE<html>

<head>

<title>Testing Movie Download</title>

</head>

<body>

<a href="/path/to/script.php">Download Movie[/url]

<!-- Where script.php is stored on your domain -->

</body>

</html>

Did you not post this same thread yesterday? And did you try the script that was given to you by one of the posters here? I have used that very script that the poster posted in order to prevent that exact problem you are having.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.