[SOLVED] Theory Question

bruckerrlb

I am about to do something I've never even thought about, and I'm trying to think how I can do this, but have no idea.

I created my website in php, and am using the include("header.php"); for all of my pages, and this ultimately goes to my header file, and this is great, because I can keep my stylesheets and what not in there. The problem lies in the title tag, right now all of my pages (about 11) have the same title, and I need to change this to optimize the site for the search engines. Does anyone know how I can have my include statement and yet custom title tags? Is this even possible? I am pretty sure it is, just don't know how.

Yeah, just define, say, $title before you include the header file. Then echo out that, or ,if it's not been set, a default title. So, something like this:

Any page:

<?php
$title = 'Custom title for this page';
include('header.php');
?>

header.php

<?php
if(!isset($title)){
$title = 'Default title';
}
//echo out title and other header information
?>

Remember, an include is like just taking the contents of your included page and running it as if that code were in the page already.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.