I need a smart select query, help on this one.

csueiras

Greetings,

I have a table with only two columns, a ctd_id and a dt_id. The ctd_id is the key that is auto_incremented. What happens is that I need a select that is able to give me a list of all the dt_id that are common to a certain range of ctd_id's. Like, lets suppose I want all the dt_id's that ctd_id=1, ctd_id=20 and ctd_id=34 have in common.

Right now I have this query:

select DISTINCT dt_id from ctd_data where ctd_id='1' OR ctd_id='2' OR ctd_id='4'

(I want the common dt_ids to ctd_id=1, ctd_id=2 and ctd_id=4)

The problem with that query is that it gives me all the dt_id's that those rows have, except they are not repeated. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Christian

You have to self join the table, but it's not that simple, as the query you need relies on how many ctd_id's values you choose.

This should work for the case you posted:

select distinct a.dt_id from ctd_data a join ctd_data b on (a.dt_id = b.dt_id and a.ctd_id='1' and b.ctd_id='2') join ctd_data c on (a.dt_id = c.dt_id and a.ctd_id='1' and c.ctd_id='4')

The matter is if you have less or more than 3 values, this query doesn't fit

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.