Upload and image help

sumfight

I NEED CODE HELP

Here is what I want to do

Have a random user upload a picture

It is resized s it does not take up a ton of space

It is stored in a folder

The path is stored in a database

Then have a page that calls the pictures up either in there upload order or random

Can someone give me tutorials/code/any help at all? Also I suck with my SQL but it is my database through godaddy, so any extra help(like fields and such) would be greatly appreciated

Ok can you tell me if this would be a good idea since I don't really know to much about databases

If I can find a script that lets users upload a picture and resize it(possibly add a watermark too) then instead of doing a database since I suck at it, could I just have a random picture from the folder displayed, or would that be a lot of strain on the server?

Nope, that's a perfectly fine thing to do too. Pretty sure you'll find tutorails for it as well.

Though it of course a different thing to having a database, which would allow you more control and allow pictures to be linked to users (spose you could do that through file/folder naming, but it wouldn't be pretty) and allow people to browse pictures linked to a user etc.

What would be good to google for it?  I have been looking up stuff for 3 hours with no progress :(

I have it where I can upload it into a folder and resize it, but both the old and new file end up in that folder, and I tried to change it but then they both go in the new folder :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.